Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Chronic Nature of IC

The biggest "beef" I have with IC is this...one day I feel not too bad. The sun is shining and I feel hopeful. I may even feel like a day will come soon when this will all be over. Then, out of nowhere, comes weeks and weeks of inexplicable pain and burning inside. I can't relate it to diet, hormones, nothing! That is what is so frustrating with this condition. The bladder seems to have a mind of it's own and there's not much that can be done about it. What is this mysterious conditions that attacks the bladder and takes on a life of it's own? Hopefully, someday there will be some answers. I have begun to see a new doctor. The way I look at it, I am the one interviewing the doctors for the job of treating me. If I am not happy, I am going to find another one. Patient's with IC and other pelvic pain disorders MUST find a doctor they can build some sort of relationship with. Otherwise, they will constantly end up frustrated and feeling like they have no where to turn. Take it from me, even though I am in the health profession I often times feel like I am not being heard by my doctor.
Maybe the new doctor I am seeing will be helpful. If not, it's on to the next. Continued thanks to the friends and family who actually read this blog to check up on me! I pray some better days are ahead.

No comments: