Thursday, October 25, 2007

The same old pattern

You know the saying, "No news is good news," right? Well, that's not necessarily the case with IC. Often times "no news" means you are too tired or don't feel well enough to sit at the computer and type something. That's been my situation for about the last week or so. Two weeks ago I went out of town to Minnesota for a wedding and actually had quite a nice time. I have recently encountered a few articles about how chiropractics can help to decrease the urinary frequency associated with IC through adjustments. While in Minnesota, I went to visit my old, trusted chiropractor that used to treat me when I was in high school. He made a few adjustments to my back and the spasms in bladder really did decrease! I was able to do quite a bit of driving around over that weekend without a lot of trouble. Since back in Chicago, I have added a chiropractor that utilizes the same techniques as the one in Minnesota to my treatment regime. I have had two visits, both of which have seemed to temporarily decrease the frequency. The problem is that I am not certain if I can tolerate the personality of this guy for too much longer. He asks a lot of personal questions in a rather unprofessional manner. I feel like I am a fly on the wall in a men's locker room when he talks sometimes. I may just have to say something to him. I know that the obvious solution is to stop going to him, but I have to be honest. I don't know if I have the motivation at this point to leave, go somewhere else and tell my whole story yet again. He thinks he might be able to help me (as has everyone else I've ever gone to), but if his manner doesn't change in the next visit or so, I will stop going to him. In addition, I have recently contracted yet again another bladder infection, followed by the inevitable yeast infection after a course of antibiotics. It will take a serious of a few weeks to get that all cleared up. Until it's cleared up, I will not be able to get much sleep during the night do to the urinary frequency (it's about every 30-60 minutes around the clock). If I don't sound so chipper, it's because I am not right now. Things will get better sometime though...

No comments: